Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Grays, United Kingdom
Independently perform petrochemical inspection of vessel, rail/road car or shore tank according precisely predefined procedures. Inspection relates to measurement of petrochemical fluids (may include dry cargo for certain locations) and taking samples for laboratory analysis
- Carry-out activities in accordance with individual client instructions, Saybolt Standard procedures, Global Safety Manual, risk assessment, local standards/safety rules and Core Laboratories/Saybolt company policies
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas inspection procedures, hazardous materials transportations and other safety training required by applicable regulations
- Perform visual cleanliness inspection of vessel, rail/road car or shore tank
- Verify the accuracy of measurement equipment and maintain equipment in proper working order
- Determination of quantity by measuring physical fluid bulk, density, temperature and metering
- Sampling of petrochemical fluids as per international or other standards and their correct labeling and storage
- Independent completion of predefined inspection reports/forms on the computer
- Minimum high school / secondary education or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience as Inspector II
- IFIA Certified Inspector of Petroleum or equivalent
- Physically fit which includes lifting items up to 20 kg (or in accordance with local regulations) - see "Other Information"
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language and basic English language skills
- Ability to perform more complex mathematical calculations (e.g. compute flow rate, ratio, percentage, quantities and marine geometrical calculations)
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, company systems)
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record
The job requires employee to inspect tanks which includes working at heights and confined spaces. Employee should be mobile (walk, climb, carry), rely on senses (sight, talk, hear, smell) and be able to lift items up to 20 kg (or in accordance with local regulations). The employee will be required to work irregular hours / shifts (including nights, weekends, holidays) and work away from their base office
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.