Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Princeton, Louisiana, United States
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
This Environmental Engineer position is responsible for the environmental air programs at the Princeton and Cotton Valley facilities and ensuring compliance with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages environmental permits, including compliance assurance, modifications, renewals and preparations of reports as required by the facility permits or regulations for Title V, LDAR, .etc.
- Completes environmental data management, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements including air emissions inventory, CEMS, toxic release inventories, Greenhouse Gas, and Title V compliance reporting / certification etc.
- Performs air emissions calculations to document monthly and annual emissions
- Possesses manufacturing knowledge and stays abreast of refinery operations and potential environmental impact
- Develops relationships with Unit leads and provides accurate and timely guidance to facility personnel on applicable environmental rules, regulations and policies to ensure compliance is achieved, while keeping abreast of local and state regulations and communicating environmental regulations/policies
- Oversees regulatory and external inspections and audits as appropriate
- Actively participates in the contractor management process by providing project oversight and liaison with environmental contractors and consultants
- Performs periodic inspections and audits of environmental programs to document and correct deficiencies
- Manages and implements Refinery Consent Decree with state environmental regulator, including following up on required action items and reporting
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of environmental incidents as appropriate
- Uses IT systems and data integration processes, to develop needed tools and to streamline data management and reporting functions
- Reviews and summarizes large volumes of process data to verify compliance with applicable laws and standards
- Represents facility to local, state and federal regulatory agencies and acts as primary contact to such agencies
- On call 24/7 for facility upsets, releases etc. and report to appropriate regulatory authorities during events
- Develops and guides improvement initiatives established by the facility and/or Calumet Corporate HSE
- Acts as backup resource for other environmental media and HSE Team
- Additional duties as assigned
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Able to speak effectively before large groups of stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments at the refineries as a strong team player with the ability to influence the organization and strengthen the safety and environmental culture
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years of Environmental Air experience
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet functionality
- Must be certified, or willing and able, to obtain HAZWOPER Hazardous Material Technician level and have the ability to respond to environmental incidents and releases. The Company will provide the training if needed
- 7 or more years of applicable experience in the refining or chemical sector
- General understanding of Refinery Operations and associated environmental units
- Participation as an Emergency Response Team member
- Experience working in a Union environment
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.