United Kingdom - Surrey, CroydonJob Summary
As the COVID-19 situation develops we are looking beyond the current situation and focusing on the future. Once the current lockdown relaxes, we hope to be in a position that we can offer career opportunities to prospective candidates. Please take this opportunity to register your interest in future Mechanical Engineer opportunities within our Water, Ports and Power business.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will work closely with our Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature.
You will see delivery through from conception to handover. You will be responsible for the design of mechanical installations typically including municipal water and wastewater pumping stations, ventilation systems, penstocks and valves, odour control systems, pipework. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. Y
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Experience using a 3D Design tool and other proprietary software products
- Input into process and instrument diagrams, control philosophy and HAZOP reviews
- Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
- A degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, IMechE
- Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MechanicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
IE - Dublin - Adelphi Plaza, UK - Basingstoke, UK - Belfast, UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Chesterfield, UK - Edinburgh - Tanfield, UK - Exeter, UK - Glasgow - 120 Bothwell Street, UK - Leeds, UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.