As a Key member of ENGIE's Capital Projects team you will be responsible for the development, design, and execution of multiple Utility System Capital Improvement and Efficiency projects. The Construction Manager will report to the project's respective Program Manager during the project execution phase and will assist the Program Management team during the contract development and engineering design phases of such projects.
What you'll do:
- Provides field input to assist the project manager in tracking and reporting of schedule and budget performance during the construction phase.
- Supports cost estimation and scheduling for projects in development/design.
- Prepares and executes Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans for Capital Improvement and Efficiency projects.
- Ensures project execution adheres to applicable industrial standards and regulatory codes.
- Sets overall project schedule in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Partners with assigned Project Engineer to develop a project procedures manual. This reference shall provide the framework for construction addressing mechanical, civil, electrical, instrumentation & controls and administrative fundamental requirements.
- Opines on constructability through the review of Contractor plans, determining if special operator access or maintenance provisions are required.
- Ensures construction conforms to civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation & controls drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates with Project Engineer for technical consult and QA/QC inspections.
- Leads the punch list process between substantial and final completion; leads the project turnover from construction through commissioning to operations.
- Develops weekly reports on construction progress for Project Manager; informs the monthly management report.
- Manages University requirements for site access and security for Contractor, including but not limited to key card access.
- Supports site visits during Construction Requests for Proposals (RFP) and manages Requests for Information (RFI).
- Coordinates outage requests with the university.
- Coordinates with GIS Analyst and Locator during construction to add buried utilities to existing database and be informed of underground lines prior to excavating.
- Develops and oversees the Construction Risk Management Process.
- Supports the Project Manager with Technical/Commercial oversight Including:
- Review of Change Requests, Directives, etc.
- Review of monthly payment applications from Contractors and Construction Administrators
- Orchestrates the design of traffic control prior to construction activities.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or in a technical field from an ABET institution or equivalent in demonstrated experience; Certified Construction Manager (CCM) license is a plus;
- 5+ years of experience in management of construction for industrial or municipal projects with demonstrated success
- Practical understanding of design, construction and operations of thermal plants
- Ability to adhere to the highest safety standards
- Practical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a team culture of camaraderie, integrity and trust among the integrated project team members.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints and resolving team conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and ensure performance expectations and resultant outcomes are met.
- Sound knowledge of campus and/or district energy systems.
- Experience in developing RFQs/RFPs in industrial construction environments.
- Experience in contract execution, management and negotiation of construction, engineering and services contracts.
- Experience in construction projects, working at sites, managing subcontractors, contracts administration and change management.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) to be able to engage with all stakeholders including contractors and government agencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for a long period of time.
- Occasional walking of less than one mile.
- Ability to access confined spaces and areas of varying temperature.
- Could involve some lifting.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 20, 2020