Requisition ID: 230361 Over view
B echtel is a global engineering, construction, and project management firm with a long tradition of technical excellence in supporting multiple industries and mega-projects that have significant complexity. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Bechtel has a strong commitment to protecting people and the environment as part of its mission, and is known for industry leadership in Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H, also known as HSE). ES&H teams are comprised of three distinct disciplines that collectively support our ES&H Management System and processes. This includes planning, training, site assessment, data management, sustainability, and field work. Interns assist our ES&H professionals under supervision of a mentor who specializes in one of the three ES&H disciplines.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs and may include offices in Houston, TX or Reston, VA; or various project facilities or construction sites located throughout the U.S. General Job Duties
ES&H interns may assist with a variety of tasks, including:
- Review of environmental, safety, or health technical documents;
- Site assessment and development of mitigation/controls to protect people and the environment;
- Preparation of technical reports, training documents, and presentations;
- Strategies for continual improvement and to enhance employee and stakeholder engagement;
- Site inspections and monitoring for compliance with contract and regulatory requirements; and
- Data management, trend analysis, and report preparation.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college obtaining a BS or MS degree in one of the following disciplines: 1) Environmental or Biological sciences with an emphasis on field biology, natural resources, or related subjects; 2) Occupational Safety with an emphasis on construction; or 3) Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health;
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies;
- Completed relevant science coursework with a strong GPA;
- Eligible to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to relocate and travel to domestic or international project sites; and
- Adaptable and able to work in a field environment under various outdoor conditions.
Bechtel's internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college obtaining a MS degree in a discipline as described under Basic Qualifications;
- Skills in data management and statistical analysis; and
- Technical writing skills