Skills: Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking 2 Materials Coordinators in Strathcona County for a 2-year contract starting in January 2021.
The Materials Coordinator will perform andor manage all activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects. Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement. Actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers, and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide input on a risk-based equipment spares stock that optimizes reliability versus cost
• Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with supporting departments, promote a continuous improvement mind set
• Assist with returning parts to stock and/or vendor for credit, and core management within the mining industry
• Assist the business in executing system transactions and coordination of the logistics for repair and return stock materials
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
• Bachelors' degree required
• Strong knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
• Strong knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
• Advanced time management skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Advanced written and oral communications skills
• Influencing with and without authority
• Organization skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.