Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Backend Developer with Database expertise to join the team in Mumbai, India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Develop backend services. Open to work on back-end or front end & any language / script / technology as per the project need.
- Work on enterprise-scale / complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Lead database technology evaluation options and propose best schema/design/optimizations for a database to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application.
- Develop technical framework and implement best practices for scalable and maintainable code.
- Provide technical coaching to team members, code reviews
- Lead and consult in design of the application.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
- Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years of hands-on database management and backend development experience in Web/Cloud application along with established leadership credentials.
- Proficiency in back-end development using .Net Core.
- Proficiency in relational / non-relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc).
- Proficiency in database concepts, SQL, Performance management and tuning, data security, backup & recovery, scalability & availability, Distributed databases, etc
- Hands on exposure in Data Modelling, Database schema and design, optimization in creating data-centric services, dealing with high volume of data, timeseries data, variety of data, etc.
- Hands on experience implementing Micro-services and docker/containerization.
- Deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc Exposure or awareness of AWS/Azure Managed Database Services.
- Best practices for building backend services like Session management, caching, algorithms & data structures, secure coding, etc.
- Understanding and hands on experience of Programming concepts: OOPS, best practices, refactoring, maintainable/reusable code, Design principles and patterns, Architecture, TDD, Unit testing, debugging, automation, etc
- Experience in Angular/React, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Node.js, Java is a plus but not essential.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organizationAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.