Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Software Security Engineer to join the team in Mumbai, India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Work on enterprise-scale/complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Design and Implement Security capabilities in the product/application.
- Enable Secure SDLC by driving and implement various security related activities across the cycle as relevant.
- Lead and enable adaptation of tools/framework to identify the security risks/vulnerabilities
- Provide design/solutions and implement to help mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Identify gaps and enhance development toolsets.
- Develop, drive and implement best secure coding & design practices.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules considering security. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on Security across the front end and backend services.
- Ability to apply Security in the context of the product, its domain and deployment. Shows great customer focus.
- Contribute to Secure deployment practices.
- Open to work on back-end or front end & any language/script/technology as per the project need.
- Develop scalable and maintainable code.
- Provide technical coaching to team members, code reviews
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in backend service development & security capabilities along with established leadership credentials.
- Proficiency in back-end development using Java/Node.js/.Net Core.
- Flexible to learn and develop in any language/technology/tools as per the project's needs.
- Proficiency in designing and developing RESTful services & APIs using REST, XML, JSON, API gateway
- Hands on experience in designing and developing security products or security capabilities to a product which covers at least one of the following domains (identity /authentication and access management/authorization, confidentiality/integrity, audit, etc.)
- Hands on experience in applying & reviewing threat modelling and various other activities recommended in Secure SDLC.
- Proficiency in best secure coding practices
- Awareness and experience of tools and frameworks for efficiently addressing security requirements, identifying and mitigating the vulnerabilities.
- Awareness of OWASP Web, API vulnerabilities, GDPR, Compliance
- Awareness of Micro-services.
- Awareness of docker/containerization & securing it.
- Awareness of best practices for building backend services like Session management, caching, algorithms & data structures, database, etc.
- Deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of Programming concepts: OOPS, best practices, refactoring, maintainable/reusable code, Design principles and patterns, Architecture, TDD, Unit testing, debugging, automation, etc
- Facilitates dialogues that triggers new perspectives.
- Problem solving skills, Collaboration, Influencing and articulation.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organizationAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.