Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Backend Developer to join the team in Mumbai, India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Develop backend services. Open to work on back-end or front end & any language/script/technology as per the project need.
- Work on enterprise-scale/complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Work & collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams consisting of Data engineers, Data Scientists, SMEs, etc to evaluate and implement efficient solutions at holistic level.
- Learn technical framework and apply best practices for scalable and maintainable code.
- Provide technical coaching to team members, code reviews
- Contribute in design of the application.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
- Learn & apply domain knowledge during development and shows great customer focus.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 3+ years of hands-on backend development in Web/Cloud application along with established leadership credentials.
- Proficiency in back-end development using Node.js.
- Proficiency in designing and developing RESTful services & APIs using REST, XML, JSON, API gateway
- Awareness or Hands on experience implementing Micro-services.
- Awareness or Hands on experience in docker/containerization.
- Flexible to learn and develop in any language/technology/tools as per the project's needs.
- Proficiency in Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency in best practices for building backend services like Session management, caching, algorithms & data structures, secure coding, etc.
- Awareness of data communication protocols like AMQP/MQTT & message brokers like RabbitMQ/Kafka etc.
- Awareness of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of Programming concepts: OOPS, best practices, refactoring, maintainable/reusable code, Design principles and patterns, Unit testing, debugging, automation, etc
- Facilitates dialogues that triggers new perspectives.
- Problem solving skills, Collaboration, Influencing and articulation.
- Experience in Angular/React, HTML, CSS, jQuery, .Net Core, Java is a plus but not essential.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organizationAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.