United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a Project Architect to be based in Houston, TX.
This position is expected to begin in November, 2020.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performing basic architectural/engineering calculations.
- Preparing specifications, reports and related data tables.
- Maintaining liaison with design and drafting groups.
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving drawings as required.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, may independently perform advanced technical assignments of various complexities within approved schedules and budgets.
- May coordinate technical and administrative activities with employees in other disciplines and other departments participating on an assigned project.
- May assist in the training and evaluation of assigned architectural and design/drafting personnel.
- May review and approve conceptual designs.
- May assist in the development of new architectural methods and techniques.
BA/BS in Architecture or related field + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
What We Offer
- Licensed Architect
- Master's degree in Architecture
- Federal and/or Civic prior work experience
- Highly Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Experience with Bluebeam
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency with Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to meet quality, schedule and budget expectations
- Desire to be mentored by leadership and provide mentorship to junior staff
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Must be a highly motivated self- starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and lead groups of technical minded people with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team- oriented work environment
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Architecture and DesignBusiness Line
Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.