ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Steamfitter
in Iowa City, IA.
Under general supervision in this position, one will apply knowledge and skill at the journey level to install, operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair utility distribution piping systems for steam, domestic water, hot water heating, chilled water and compressed air, both direct-buried and in tunnels, and sanitary and storm sewer systems.
What you'll do:
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs high pressure (90 psig or greater) steam reducing stations, expansion joints, steam meters, steam traps, steam valves, direct buried preinsulated piping systems and pumps.
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs large diameter buried domestic and chilled water mains, valves and fire hydrants.
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs hot water lines, valves and expansion joints.
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs compressed air lines, air regulators and valves.
- Installs, operates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs storm and sanitary sewers, manholes and pumps.
- Welds using arc, gas, heliarc and spot-welding techniques.
- Interprets and maintains diagrams, schematics, updates system logs, drawings and documentation on utility systems.
- Assists in arranging building shutdowns of all mechanical distribution utilities for emergencies and for routine maintenance.
- Determines jobsite work sequences and safety procedures required, procures materials, coordinates outages, completes work, places systems back into service.
- Provides functional supervision including training and instructions to other staff.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, and work with standard software applications.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Could involve some lifting to 100 pounds.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four years' experience in the trade, including apprenticeship, of which one year must be working with steam at pressures greater than 90 psig.
- Commercial driver's license or ability to obtain license
- Knowledge of utility systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of tools and methods necessary to troubleshoot and maintain utility piping systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the steam and piping trades.
- Knowledge of welding techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of the trade occupational hazards and safety precautions while working in confined spaces, aerial or elevated locations, extreme temperatures, excavations, and other environmental caused conditions.
- Knowledge of building and piping codes, utility standards, and safety programs as governed by rules, regulations and guidelines of local, state, and national electrical and safety codes, equipment manufacturers and others.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, control system drawings and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Ability to maintain records and system documentation.
- Ability to analyze system problems, recommend and implement system changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with other department personnel, vendors and suppliers, students, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to train and instruct.
For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
Valid Driver's License
You must be available to work on call/24-hour on call; rotating schedule
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020