ENGIE has two
immediate openings for Utility Plant Operators II
located in Iowa City, IA
. This position will be responsible for carrying out the duties assigned by the Power Plant Management Team to ensure safe, proper and efficient plant operation of power generation equipment including but not limited to the following; boilers, pumps, air compressors, conveying systems, fans, electric motors, ash conveying system, control valves, mobile equipment and other industrial equipment as needed.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the safe, proper and efficient operation of all machinery and related equipment (boilers, pumps, air compressors, conveying systems, fans, electric motors, ash conveying system, control valves, etc.) as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible to report and keep the appropriate personnel informed by communicating verbally and in writing all pertinent information amongst the shift, between shifts, production support personnel and management personnel.
- Know and understand the normal operating condition of each piece of plant equipment and be aware of the present operating condition of each piece of plant equipment.
- Perform hourly rounds and other round schedules as outlined in shift procedures and/or as assigned by Shift Supervisor. Record and ensure that plant operating logs are kept current and accurate.
- Perform necessary tasks for the removal of bottom ash.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks and any other housekeeping tasks as assigned by Shift Supervisor/Management.
- Required to provide relief and support in other job classifications including but not limited to other Operations positions, Maintenance and Fuel Unloading.
- Understand the operation and normal operating conditions of all fuel unloading, processing and conveying equipment.
- Perform regular and routine testing & treatment of boiler water as directed.
- Responsible for vacation/emergency relief as required. Also, may be required to work overtime as deemed necessary by the Plant Management Team.
- Utilize a CMMS for writing and completing work orders with notes.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, and work with standard software applications.
- Must be physically capable to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing; sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks and the like as required); kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50 lbs).
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required.
- Must be physically capable of wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
What you bring:
- Degree in Engineering preferred, B.S. or A.A.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required.
- Three (3) years industrial plant, process plant or power plant experience operating boilers, pumps, fans, conveyors and/or other similar equipment required.
- One (1) year experience operating solid fuel and/or gas/oil fired water tube boilers, turbine generators and related plant equipment required.
- Possession of a license similar to the National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE) or State of Minnesota Second Class Engineer license preferred.
- Required to have a valid driver's license.
- Required to have a home/personal telephone.
- Required to work a varied/rotating schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Required to be on call as needed/deemed necessary by Supervisor/Management.
- Required to provide relief and support in other job classifications including but not limited to other Operations positions, Fuel Unloading and Maintenance.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The Power Plant can be an extremely hot environment.
Areas of the Power Plant can be dusty.
The Power Plant noise level is usually moderate to high.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020