ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer Plants
located in Iowa City, IA
. This position will support operations and leadership at the Chilled Water Plant, Drinking Water Plant, Power Plant and Mechanical distribution through reliability projects, energy savings projects and data analysis. Assist in the integration of capital projects delivered to operations by Engie project management. Develop and deliver status reports on critical utility components and systems. Use those reports to formulate action plans that address issues and opportunities. Identify potential cost savings and reliability improvement projects. Lead focus teams focusing on Root Cause analysis and best value decisions in order to meet customer expectations
What you'll do:
- Work with Engie employees and vendors to track chemical usage and estimate spending based on forecast.
- Assist in tracking make-up water and potential leaks on campus to identify root cause and fixes. Work across all of utilities to re-apply learnings
- Lead small to medium sized construction projects within production plants like replacing pipe, valves or insulation.
- Work with all utilities maintenance planners to improve our spare parts inventory and locations.
- Assist in specifying replacement equipment in the case of obsolescence technology advances
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, and work with standard software applications, including piping system modeling tools.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field from an ABET institution required. Major in a disciplined Mechanical or Civil Engineering curriculum preferred.
- Minimum Two years of experience with design, construction or operation of utility mechanical distribution systems.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or passing of the Fundamental Engineering (FE) exam is desirable.
- Knowledge of utility systems in a campus or district energy system environment.
- Knowledge of tools and methods necessary to troubleshoot and maintain utility piping systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the steam and piping trades.
- Knowledge of welding techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of the trade occupational hazards and safety precautions while working in confined spaces, aerial or elevated locations, extreme temperatures, excavations, and other environmental caused conditions.
- Knowledge of building and piping codes, utility standards, and safety programs as governed by rules, regulations and guidelines of local, state, and national electrical and safety codes, equipment manufacturers and others.
- Ability to maintain records and system documentation.
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to analyze system problems, recommend and implement system changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with other department personnel, vendors and suppliers, students, staff, and the general public.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
- Valid Driver's License
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020