ENGIE has an immediate opening for Utility Plant Maintenance Mechanic I
in Iowa City, IA.
Under general supervision, this position will assist with installation and repair of piping; performs preventive maintenance and maintenance duties in assigned areas of the utility plant as well as general carpentry work.
What you'll do:
- Assists with troubleshooting and maintaining the following equipment:
- Solid Fuel and gas fired water tube boilers including fans, blowers, grates, feeders, etc.
- Steam turbines, pumps and related equipment
- Hydraulic and compressed air systems including compressors, dryers and regulators.
- Pollution control equipment including dust collectors, baghouses, centrifugal collectors etc.
- Material handling systems including conveyors, bucket elevators, crushers, slide gates, chutes, etc.
- Installs and repairs piping for low pressure (less than 100 psig) steam, water and compressed air systems, including piping of carbon steel, galvanized, stainless, copper and plastic. Uses flanged, threaded, glued, or soldered connections.
- Uses oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma cutter for cutting steel, stainless steel and other metals to fabricate chutes, base plates, brackets, etc.
- Performs general carpentry work such as construction of concrete forms, pouring concrete and refractory, and general construction needs.
- Coordinate daily work activities and equipment status with other Plant employees.
- Utilize a CMMS for writing and completing work orders with notes.
- Performs preventive and repair maintenance work tasks on plant equipment.
- Will be assigned to work in areas designated by Supervisor and/or Management Team and will perform duties sometimes not related to Technician work.
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the Plant in a clean and neat condition.
- Perform root cause failure analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comply with all Plant & ENGIE safety programs and ensure every team member complies with all safety procedures.
- Accountable to immediate supervisor for ensuring adherence to the Plant's Safety and Environmental Programs, taking all reasonable precautions to prevent incidents of noncompliance. Shall immediately report any known or suspected violations to your Supervisor and/or Management Personnel.
- Perform and document pre-job hazard assessment and provide pre-job briefs as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain and enhance skills required to perform duties and assist in the training of others.
What you bring:
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required, Trade/Vocational School and/or Military training preferred.
- Two years' experience in an industrial plant, process plant or utility plant maintenance environment with experience in rotating equipment maintenance, or
- A two-year, post high school technical degree in industrial maintenance.
- Possession of a state-sponsored stationary engineers license like the State of Minnesota Second Class Engineer license preferred Required to be on call as needed/deemed necessary by Supervisor/Management.
- Must have skills or the ability to learn skills in pipefitting (steam, water, and air), cutting and fabrication of metal components, basic carpentry and the use of rigging equipment.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, control system drawings and repair manuals.
Required to have a valid driver's license.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The Power Plant can be an extremely hot environment.
Areas of the Power Plant can be dusty.
The Power Plant noise level is usually moderate to high.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020