is the optimization and analytics team for the world's largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.Position Specific Description
NextEra Analytics is currently seeking a well-qualified candidate to join our Applied Math Group as a Data Scientist in St. Paul, Minnesota.
As a member of the Applied Math Group you will be asked:
- To solve the problems by applying techniques from mathematics, statistics, computer science, and related disciplines
- To develop new products and services in collaboration with NextEra's engineering, science and business teams
- To apply mathematical formulations, scientific rigor and an independent viewpoint to business analyses
- To respond quickly and effectively to new (and recycled) business problems as they arise.
The Applied Math team is looking for Data Scientists who want to understand the mathematical properties of the algorithms they use; to write and share the best possible code; to keep learning new tools, algorithms and approaches; and to put their skills to work for one of the largest renewable energy fleets in the world.Job Overview
This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (e.g. "Big Data").Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Works with a variety of datasets, including timeseries data and "big data" requiring analysis on distributed computing platforms
- Writes software in R, Python or similar languages and contributes code to product development teams
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 3+ years
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
Science, Research, and Technology
NextEra Analytics Inc
St. Paul, Minnesota
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-RK1Nearest Major Market: