Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Engineer - Turbomachinery Controls Expert to join the team in Bangalore/Hyderabad, India. As a senior engineer for controls, you will be responsible for BH TPS installed fleet controls & instrumentations issues resolutions. You will be focusing on fleet reliability & availability improvements through customer & field stakeholders connect, trip reduction program, fleet investigations enabled by digital. You will also support fleet containments through NIC/TIL.
- As a global engineering expert, you are responsible for unit reliability, & expected to drive customer key issues resolutions with high level of quality response, responsiveness & customer intimacy.
- Majorly you will be responsible for TPS products controls issues resolutions(steam turbine, Aeroderivative Gas Turbine, Heavyduty Gas turbine, Centrifugal Compressor controls).
- Conduct root cause analysis for field failures & define corrective & preventive actions for fleet continuous improvements.
- Support Trip reduction program by analysing historical data & define improvement action for particular site where the issue occurred & entire fleet
- Conduct fleet failure data analysis & identify opportunity for fleet improvements.
- Mentor external contractor team to deliver quality response for L1 issues.
- Provide strategic leadership for leveraging historical data for fleet reliability improvements & proactive issues avoidance
- Validate innovative ideas through Proof of concepts & develop digital tools with the help of relevant teams
- Be a change agent to transform team towards fleet mindset
- Leverage digital as enabler for identifying key customer control issues & resolutions
- Drive data driven containment effectiveness from field data analysis
- Provide design feedback through feedback to design process
- Bachelors/master's degree in engineering discipline or other comparable technical field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in role of control or instrumentation engineering design or services.
- Strong experience in BH design process & expertise in GE Control philosophy is mandatory
- Prior experience in solving control fleet issues to improve product reliability
- Prior experience in conducting root cause analysis & certification as RCA leader.
- Steam turbine controls experience will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop professional teams of engineers
- Ability to drive business solutions through influence and collaboration in a global, matrix organization. An impact player with proven ability to drive change in an effective and participative manner.
- Excellent motivation skills, being both self-motivated & self-directed with ability to deliver outcomes.
- Capability for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to identify opportunities & source of improvement
- Six Sigma GB certification/DFSS/DMAIC
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.