Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Engineer - Turbomachinery Product Service to join the team in Bangalore/Hyderabad, India. As a senior engineer for Product Service, you will be responsible of mining fleet insights from monitored fleets & reported issues to improve fleet reliability, performance, availability & CO2 reduction of BH installed fleets. You are responsible to provide data driven insights, cross pollination of operational best practices, data insights for failure analysis. You will be driving fleet improvement by early identification of product reliability & performance improvement opportunities.
- This role is based on deep subject matter expertise and requires consolidated and proven data analytics capabilities. You are expected to drive fleet operational improvement from operational data analysis & driving valuable insights.
- Be an expert to resolve global customer issues related to gas turbine operation, reliability & identify opportunities / ideas to leverage data for predictive analytics
- Provide strategic leadership for leveraging operational data for fleet reliability improvements & proactive issues avoidance
- Validate innovative ideas through Proof of concepts & work with service digital team to implement for monitored fleets
- Be a change agent to transform team towards fleet mindset & data driven decisions
- Leverage digital as enabler for identifying key customer operational issues & resolutions
- Work closely with product services team to find analytics opportunities & work with service digital teams for implementation
- Drive data driven containment effectiveness from field data analysis
- Collaborate with other services disciplines, engineering team to promote cross pollination of data analytics ideas
- Explore new digital technology/ supplier/ start-ups to partner & deliver digital objectives of team
- Bachelors/master's degree in engineering discipline or other comparable technical field.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in role of engineering management and/or technology leadership experience
- Strong experience in BH design process & expertise in specific discipline. Exposure to GE Control philosophy is preferred
- Proven applied knowledge on statistics, data driven design improvements & validations
- Capability for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to identify opportunities & source of improvement
- Ability to drive business solutions through influence and collaboration in a global, matrix organization. An impact player with proven ability to drive change in an effective and participative manner.
- Prior experience in using data to improve product performance & reliability
- Prior experience in using statistical tools & approaches to solve real time industrial challenge
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop professional teams of engineers (Suppler/partners)
- Basic knowledge on computer programming languages, applied Data science, applied machine learning to solve real time problem on time series & NLP. Exposure to deep learning is preferred
- Excellent motivation skills, being both self-motivated & self-directed with ability to deliver outcomes.
- Six Sigma GB certification/DFSS/DMAIC
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.