Our Client, a large oil and gas operator, are currently looking for a Project Engineer with a PACO (process, Automation and Control) background for a 12-24 month contract based in Fort Saskatchewan, AB. The individual must be local or willing to relocate as there will be no LOA or camp
- The Project Engineer must be motivated, committed, and able to work in a fast-paced environment within a high-performance team. Multitasking and priority setting skills will be necessary to manage the schedule driven workload.
- Participate in the planning, estimating, development of work, execution and evaluation of projects provide support to refinery turnarounds, ensuring turnaround engineering work packages are completed in a timely and appropriate manner Provide in-depth technical support, expertise and guidance to the design and construction of new projects
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet project quality, cost and schedule requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree in an applicable discipline, professional engineering designation
- 10-15 years of experience
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry, with Refinery based operating experience, is preferred.
- Lead all projects through the project definition, detailed design phase, execution phase to project close-out
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-focused skills with the ability to demand results
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.