Sales Manager - Nexus ControlsIndustrial Growth MarketsWould you like to work with cutting-edge energy technology?Would you enjoy the opportunity to influence strategy and business growth?Then Join our Business Development Team
Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business has over a Century of successfully delivering intelligent control solutions and technologies. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our business development team provides an essential partnership between the needs of the market and the innovative capability of the leaders in Power, Industrial Controls and Energy Technology.Take ownership of our future technology
As a Sales Manager you will generate business opportunities, consult with customers, and collaborate with internal cross functional teams, with the purpose of generating business opportunities for the Nexus product line across growth industries like Pulp & Paper, Mining, and Chemicals. You will observe and interpret trends from sales and market intelligence to develop a strategy for new business and expand existing business within the Industrial Controls market.
In your role of Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:-
Fuel your passion
- Development of sales, marketing and communication strategies for the Nexus Controls product lines
- Analysis of customer trends and historical data to inform strategies and maximize the growth of both new and existing business, as well as the identification of key drivers and challenges for growth and customer satisfaction
- Lead the commercial strategy for proposals from customers and coordinate its flow to our internal operations team for proposal development
- Lead cross functional teams and projects to achieve account and regional goals and collaborate with other Baker Hughes commercial teams to leverage customer relationships as well as lead generation across all product companies
- Interpreting and understanding contractual commitments and defining customer requirements for New Product Introduction
To be successful in this role you will
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), or a High School diploma with at least 10 years of Controls commercial, services, or project management experience.
- Have 5+ years of prior experience in Power Generation, Oil & Gas, or other industrial markets.
- Have 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing position (Sales, Sales Support, Services, or Project Management).
- Have Controls System knowledge.
- Have considerable experience in sales or business development in an industrial market space with knowledge of Controls products and applications.
- Have a demonstrated ability to master new technical capabilities and products and effectively sell them to industrial customers.
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop effective commercial plans and grow product sales in unfamiliar industries
- Have a good understanding of modern maintenance methodologies (PM, PdM, RCM, etc.) for plant mechanical and electrical equipment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate strong presentation skills with an ability to work with multi-disciplined teams
- Possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
We recognise that everyone is different and the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns
Working with us
- Remote Working - from home or another work location
- Flexibility - within the day or week to get the job done
- Travel - up to 50% of time, as required
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefitsLocations:
British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, ManitobaAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.