Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $75 - $80 per hour
Location: North Carolina, United States
NES Global Talent is looking for candidates available right away for an immediate job opportunity with one of the countries leading petrochemical manufacturers for a Senior E&I Engineer at their Kings Mountain, NC facility. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the completion of capital electrical and instrumentation/control projects at the Kings Mountain facility.
Location: Kings Mountain, NC
Hours: M-F 40 hours per week—some OT may be required.
Pay Range: $75-$80/hr. depending on experience.
Duration: Contract will start ASAP and 3-6 months.
After the initial contract completion, the contract is likely to be extended and could develop into a permanent role with the company.
- Perform electrical, instrumentation & controls engineering and design efforts for site capital projects as required.
- Execute and or lead the electrical design efforts including development or revisions to electrical area classification drawings, single line diagrams, substation and motor control center design, specifications and purchase of electrical equipment, creation of wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and design of lighting and grounding systems.
- Ensure the accuracy of design information.
- Provide assistance in overseeing construction efforts as it pertains to electrical design and assists with any troubleshooting or problems solving required to meet installation deadlines.
- Confirm drawings and design details of existing facility are up to date and all field modifications made during construction are accurately documented.
- Review and revises engineering specifications and standards as required by supervision or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of P&ID's, electrical, instrumentation and controls designs / drawings
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience as an E&I Engineer. A background as a Maintenance or Reliability Engineer would also be acceptable.
- Must have a deep understanding of electrical installations and instruments/controls.
- Must have previous experience in the industrial/manufacturing sector and have experience with closing capital projects.
- Previous experience in the petrochemical sector would be a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Greater Charlotte region are highly preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.