Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
We are currently seeking to identify Plant Configuration candidates who are interested in supporting a potential new, exciting and expanding portfolio of activity to support a new-nuclear build project for a number of locations, including in the UK, Czech Republic and Saudi Arabia. The work relates to providing support as part of an Engineering & Consultancy Services Framework, as the client progresses their programme, including initial vendor selection. It's an expanding portfolio of work for Jacobs so there's great potential to develop or just to try something different.
Candidates may need to work from Clients offices, or from site.
To meet the challenge, and for you to relish the experience, we're also looking for:
- High performing technical safety and engineering specialists - for all of the Nuclear Island, Conventional Island and Balance of Plant
- Broad experience of safety case and engineering management expertise; experience of a range of different country regulatory environments is preferred
- Experience of working in a developer or reactor vendor at senior engineering level
- Culturally astute people, perhaps looking to add some wider skills to their capability set, and to do so...
- Willing to travel, work, and live in several jurisdictions.
Dependent on project and location, attractive working-away packages are available. Work is expected to start around March 21, and the duration of the project runs for 8 years plus, but the commitment doesn't have to be for that long unless you want it to be!Qualifications:
- Relevant degree
- Extensive experience in the energy sector
- Strong experience in nuclear energy sector
- Experience of the construction of energy or nuclear energy project
- English language - level C1 (Classified according to the CEF)
- Knowledge and experience from the designing and construction of NPP
- Knowledge and experience from the change configuration management of the NPP equipment
- Knowledge and experience from the field of NPP equipment managed aging and qualification