Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Jacobs is a large, fully integrated AE firm supporting clients with a broad array of highly skilled and distinguished professionals around the world. Our Mission Critical / Data Center Practice Group are industry thought leaders, delivering some of the largest Data Centers in the world. ENR Magazine currently ranks Jacobs #1 in Data Center Design.
For this role, you should be a self-motivated, registered Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in delivering Mission Critical / Data Center or advanced facility design projects. At Jacobs, our Senior Electrical Engineers offer range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for leading a talented team in mechanical systems design for large Mission Critical / Data Center Facilities in the domestic and international locations.
• The Lead Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
• As the team leader you will also be responsible for the professional growth of your team. Lead design and engineering project staff personnel.
• Find resolutions to infrastructure conflicts, code challenges, cost and energy efficiency challenges.
• Working with mission critical mechanical design and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external).
• Oversee and manage the mechanical systems design for projects through design development, construction documents, bidding, construction administration and commissioning phases of project.
• Be responsible for scheduling, projecting manpower requirements, and budgets for Mission Critical projects.
• Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
• Communicate technical advice and engineering reasoning to client.
• Support business development activities for sales in the mission critical and data center marketplace.
• Attend conferences and seek presentation opportunities or preparation of white papers.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required.
• At least 8 years' experience working in a consulting engineering environment required.
• Professional Engineer is preferred.
• Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD preferred.
• Previous leadership experience in a MEP environment preferred.
• Travel will be required -- both within the U.S and International.