Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
ENGIE are recruiting for a Head of Mechanical Design to be home based, with working 2-3 days a week at Kings Yard, London. This is permanent role, working 37.5 hours a week. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Team for Urban Energy, you will be involved in many areas including Energy Centres and Plant Room Design.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and Approve Design Engineer and Graduate calculations and drawings.
- Review and Approve Design Engineer and Graduate technical documentation.
- Review sub-contractor scopes and major plant tender documentation.
- Review technical specifications for system design, manufacture, installation and operation.
- Coordinate mechanical, electrical, civil, controls and CAD BIM teams and subcontractors on high profile energy and construction projects.
- Be responsible for the successful receipt, progression, handover and compliance of multi-disciplinary design projects.
- Manage, mentor and assist the development of Design Managers.
- Size and specify plant such as boilers, heat pumps, CHP engines, pumps, heat exchangers and chillers.
- Chair internal and external design meetings, technical reviews, HAZID and HAZOP studies.
- Responsibility for the performance of design managers, business stream operation, resources, budget and programme, reporting to director level.
Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- CEng Chartered Engineer status and engaged on a programme of Continual Professional Development.
- Extensive experience in a relevant field, including experience in a similar role.
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant CIBSE Guides, British Standards, BSRIA, IGEM and other industry authority publications.
- Experience of undertaking appointed role of PD under the Construction & Design Management Regulations 2015.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
- Posting Date: Oct 15, 2020