NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
Candidate will be responsible for analysis of complex engineering projects, making recommendations and decisions with significant impact for the company. The candidate will be recognized as subject matter expert in a range of electrical engineering applications, with a focus on power electronics. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in the planning, organizing, and guiding of engineering programs with an outstanding novelty and/or importance. Position will support all technical aspects of battery storage operation, maintenance and the development of new projects, including, but not limited to: Inverter operation/maintenance, Battery Managements systems, SCADA, grid interconnection, site startup and transitioning to operation. Advanced electrical engineering degree is highly desired.
- Bachelors's in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 year's experience with power electronic equipment
- Six-Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Master's in Electrical Engineering, and/or Professional Engineering License.
Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs
• Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field
• Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:5+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ yearsEmployee Group:
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: