Requisition ID: 231201
- Position Title: Senior SmartPlant Designer, UPF
- Project: Uranium Processing Facility (UPF)
- Location:Oak Ridge, TN
- Posting End Date: 10/22/2020
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Position to be Panel Interviewed?No
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Badging: Must be able to obtain badging
- Other Requirements: Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project works on a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday - Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00am-3:30 pm.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Note: This is a short duration position for a local hire. Job Responsibilities
(include are but not limited to):
- 3D modeling of piping, HVAC, and equipment in SmartPlant (S3D).
- Preparation of drawings/documents for General Arrangements, Equipment Location and piping isometrics drawings SmartPlant (S3D).
- Generate quantity reports using SmartPlant (S3D).
- Assist with coordination of 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines.
- Assists with plans and schedules and prepare/maintain design procedures, standards to provide quality design documents.
- Interface with stress and pipe support engineers, construction, and suppliers during the preparation of piping designs for the purpose of model/space control, etc.
- Perform coordination review of specifications and other documents prepared by others.
- Level 1: Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of related design experience or AA/AS degree with 8 years of related design experience; or 12 years related design experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- Level 2: Bachelor's Degree with 9 years of related design experience or AA/AS degree with 11 years of related design experience; or 15 years related design experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Past UPF SmartPlant Experience.
- Hands-on experience using SmartPlant (S3D) or other 3D Modeling Software.
- Candidate should possess advanced knowledge of piping codes such as ASME B31.3 or B31.1.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Previous UPF MPB layout experience.
- Previous Bechtel project experience.
- Previous DOD/DOE project experience.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.