Requisition ID: 231039 Requisition Posting End Date: Project Overview:
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.Role Overview
The FE Electrical Engineer will report to the Area Field Engineer. This individual is responsible for providing technical assistance, direction, and support to Bechtel and subcontractor field supervision for construction and installation activities for all disciplines associated with the ISBL equipment and materials. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Performing inspections and initiating supporting documentation for all discipline system installations on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support to field supervision in establishing requirements for manpower, tools, equipment, and material requirements for a given work evolution
- Developing installation work packages for scopes of work in support of the construction schedule
- Preparing short- and long-term schedules, and interfacing with the superintendents and other discipline field engineers
- Executing field material takeoffs from "Issued For Construction" drawings
- providing input to the quantity tracking applications and reporting on weekly installed quantities to Project Controls
- Preparing field material requisitions for equipment and materials, and monitoring status of purchase orders and deliveries
- Assisting field procurement in receipt inspection and reporting of associated equipment and materials and preventive maintenance requirements
- Trouble-shooting the design, resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator using formal field documentation processes
- Ensuring all installations are per latest revisions of design drawings, specifications, standards and codes
- Acting as point of contact for coordination and resolution of all technical issues related to select subcontractors on site who provide technical services for the execution of the permanent plant electrical systems scope of work, including initiating all formal subcontract change documentation to support the subcontract administrator
- Completing and verifying quality documentation per inspection and test plans
- Completing final system walk-downs, deficiency tracking and close-out
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation
- Monitoring actual work performance compared to the project budget and schedule
- Degree in any of the engineering disciplines or equivalent work experience/qualifications. Recommended work experience 8-10 years.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction methods and processes customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
- Experience managing technical services subcontracts is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams
- Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent problem solving ability
On a large project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
On a small to medium-sized project, performs the duties of a lead engineer in an area, coordinating and directing a variety of disciplines, or performs the duties as a Project Field Engineer or Project Field Quality Control Engineer coordinating activities related to the operation of the assigned operating section of the jobsite.Grade 25
On a large project, independently performs assigned activities in one discipline, interfacing with other disciplines in all areas of the jobsite.
On a small to medium-sized project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.Additional Information
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.). Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.