Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Ships Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Third Assistant Engineer located in San Ramon, California, through October 19th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
Applicants must hold a current United States Coast Guard License (Motor vessels of any horsepower), Merchant Mariner Document, Passport, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 75 days for licensed officers. Vacation will accrue at 30 days for each 30 days of work.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Handles engine department watch standing duties, which includes supervision and control of vessel's machinery and equipment.
- Oversees the loading of engine department stores, bunkers and water.
- Ensures that all personnel working within the engine room comply with PPE requirements and supervisor's safety instructions so that safe working practices are adhered to.
- Supervise and assist unlicensed personnel (machinist and utility).
- Responsible for routine maintenance and troubleshooting of engine room equipment, inspecting equipment for the need of preventative maintenance and determining requirements. Conducts routine maintenance on a variety of systems, including (but not limited to) pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical.
- Performs any other marine related duties as required by STCW, ISM and ISPS conventions and Chevron operational procedures to ensure the safety of the vessel, its crew and cargo.
- Attends all required classes required by STCW, ISM, ISPS and Chevron to maintain valid certificates of competency.
- Participates in and furthers company programs such as Behavior Based Safety, near miss reporting and Job Safety Analysis.
- Working knowledge of USCG and international regulations such as MARPOL, SOLAS and ISGOTT.
- Hold a current USCG Third Assistant Engineer of Motor Vessels of any horsepower.
- Merchant Mariners Documents.
- Advanced Firefighting Certificate.
- Basic Safety Training
Pre-employment screening consists of:
- Physical and Functional capacity evaluation examination, including DOT drug testing
- Background check
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.