Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
- High School Education or equivalent
- 2 years experience as a Machine Operator I
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read and interpret work order and engineered drawing requirements.
- Must be able to make machine setups
- Good working knowledge in the use of callipers and micrometers.
- Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment including forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
Carry out machine operations and perform workshop duties at the well screens manufacturing site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change worn or damaged consumable items when required or in line with maximum consumable usage levels
- Complete daily and weekly maintenance checks and report irregularities to maintenance
- Ensure good houskeeping is maintained keeping the machine areas clean and free of unused material and equipment
- Optimise machine production without affecting quality
- Complete accurate program and machine setups to ensure optimum quality output
- Ensure accurate control of material used in the manufacturing process utilising the QC documentation for accurate recording of QC data
- Carry out machine maintenance activities to support the ESS business.
- Carry out maintenance and repair tasks on all production plant within the ESS and Optimum Completions manufacturing facility in-accordance with established maintenance and work practice.
- Carry out daily function checks on plant and ancillary equipment.
- Carry out upgrades to equipment as and when planned in accordance with safe working practice.