Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Superior, Wisconsin, United States
The Mechanical Static Equipment Lead reports directly to the Project Engineering Lead providing technical oversight of the project design and deliverables.
The Static Equipment Lead must provide leadership identifying design, schedule, cost, quality, and reliability risks and pro-actively work with other staff to quantify or qualify the risks so that timely decisions can be made for the benefit of the project. This also entails providing detailed technical information on all aspects of rotating equipment at the request of other project disciplines.
Responsible for ensuring the mechanical equipment:
- Can achieve performance, cost, schedule and reliability goals as detailed in the Project Development Phase and project charter.
- Is designed consistent with Superior Rebuild project specifications and industry best practices
- Meets regulatory and environment regulations
- Adheres to all corporate and industry safety standards
- Does not require extra-ordinary effort to install or commission
- To provide necessary mechanical field engineering support during construction. 45%
- Supporting the EPC mechanical engineering group to produce the DBM phase mechanical deliverables and studies. 10%
- Working with Project team on equipment design, site demolition activities, technical bid evaluations, construction work packages, document reviews, commissioning package support, vendor shop inspections. 10%
- Supporting the Project Manager to adhere to the project phase scope, and schedule. 10%
- Interfacing with Superior Site staff to ensure cross boundary issues are identified and resolved effectively. 10%
- Interact with vendors to resolve technical deviations and design standard exceptions. 10%
- To actively participate in relevant reviews including: P&ID reviews, HAZOPS, 3D model reviews, Value Engineering, and any independent reviews as necessary. 5%
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer; registered or eligible for registration (Canada or USA)
- Eligible to travel and work in the USA
- Experience working on at least one oil and gas project as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post DBM phases of a project (FEED, Detailed design, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up).
- 10 years' experience with API and ASME static equipment like heat exchangers, columns, pressure vessel, storage tanks and packaged auxiliary equipment.
- 10 years' experience in Crude, Vacuum, FCCU and/or HF Alky process plants as a mechanical static equipment engineer. Preference is for actual experience in operating units as a maintenance engineer or operating engineer.
- At least 10 years' experience with the contents of API standards, ASME/ANSI standards, HEI.
- Familiar with identifying mechanical static equipment inspection and testing plan
- Minimum of 15 years related Oil and Gas Industry experience
- At least 10 years' experience reviewing or creating project deliverables such as technical bid evaluations, technical deviations, materials of construction selections, and project decision records.
- At least 10 years' experience resolving rotating equipment issues using formalized root-cause procedures.
- Prior experience in development and operation of downstream projects such as heavy oil upgrading and refining.
- Experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors
- Excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills
- Driver's License is required for business travel
- High level of familiarity with the contents of the API static equipment standards
- Experience with heat exchangers, pressure vessel, storage tanks design software
- Post-Secondary Qualification in Engineering/Technology or equivalent
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management Certification
- American Petroleum Institute Technical Committee
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.