Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Business Unit Description:
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
As part of the Responsible Designer for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project, our Client provides Engineering Design support for the Balance of the Nuclear Island (BNI).
This role is a member of a large integrated team seconded into Client team focused on providing high quality design, engineering knowledge & expertise.
The Electrical Layout Engineer assists the building manager and layout team lead in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General Layout Engineering
? Requests the input data for the electrical layout engineering of the building (cable lists, equipment data, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
? Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues:
o Lays out the various electrical equipment.
o Designs cable trays in the 3D model.
o Carries out checks of the consistency between input data (1D and 2D) and the 3D model.
? Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, handover reports, etc.).
? Coordinates layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress monitoring and change management:
? Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
? Manages the list of input data to be used to perform the 3D design.
? Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points and risks.
? Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
? Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Business Travel: ability to attend occasional meetings in Malakoff, France
Interactions with all groups/sections related to the building and in particular with the building manager, layout team lead, layout engineers and civil engineers, systems and contracts engineers and the team in charge of the analysis of internal hazards.
• The ability to innovate, think laterally and implement processes
• Ability to influence stakeholders and resources
• Ability to engage multiple stakeholders with different objectives
• Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest - respecting confidentiality
• Get results and make things happen
• Ability to influence stakeholders with both within and external to client business
• Engaging and influencing a team of professionals
• Recognising, drawing out and utilising the skills of others
• Share knowledge, experience, reward and leadership
• Create a working environment of safety, autonomy and trust
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake
Note2: Based on our Client office Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
Note3: Travel and Subsistence is not paid for this role
Note4: Service Incentive - on completion of 12-month continuous service in post - there is a salary uplift of 5% paid
Note5: Please provide travel plan to Bristol to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this application
• Degree qualified and experience in one or more areas of engineering: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, piping engineering, process engineering
• Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
• Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to identify continuous improvements
• Fluent in English - written & verbal
• Knowledge and experience of using PDMS
• Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
• Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
• French language skills - written & verbal
Software & Tools:
• MS Office & Outlook
• BPSS level clearance required
Accepting Candidates: Engineer / Chartered Level - 5 to 10 years' experience
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.