Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Skills: CAD / CAM, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity:
At Jacobs, we'retransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutionsdesigning the future-today.
We are wishing to recruit engineering graduates to join our Transportation - Technology Solutions Group.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, expanding, and diverse technology solutions group, taking a technical supporting role in delivering design services throughout all stages of major transportation project development. You may be a recent graduate, or already have a year's experience, but the role will provide you with every opportunity to complete your training towards membership of a professional institution
Our OLE team work on overhead line design including allocation layout design, bonding design and cross sections of OLE structures on world wide projects.
We need someone who is excited by working on complex design projects and standing out in multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Design of OLE structure placements, wire run analysis, structural loading, allocation of mechanical components from a library of parts.
- Use Microstation CAD software to produce detailed drawings of cross sections and layout plans for OLE equipment.
- Preparation of feasibility studies, outline and detailed design technical reports and other written documents.
- Design of detail allocation and construction design.
- Production of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Delivery of work to programme, budget and specification.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
- Client and third party liaison.
- Establishment of internal design standards and/or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Contributing to long term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices.
- Representing the company on technical matters.
- To play a key role in recruitment and the continued expansion and development of the team.
- Project management of suitable projects
- Compliance with design and QA procedures
- Monitoring of installation works on site and observance of technical compliance and H&S matters
Here's What You'll Need:
- You will hold an accredited BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong computer software skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on results and project delivery
- An interest in developing both technical and project management skills
We want you to have unlimited learning opportunities and space for growth in order for you to work towards the next stage of your career.
Recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice our Graduate Development Programme offers a structured approach to Continuous Professional Development. You'll benefit from learning that complements chartership progression that will provide both the technical and business acumen you require to create your future.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.