At Jacobs, we're not just building structures,we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilitiesthat are changing our world.We push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.We are looking for a driven and curious Hydraulics and Hydrology specialist to support our Civil Engineering team.
As a key member ofour Land Development team in theDallas or Fort Worthoffice, you'll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning drainage analysis and design. You'll be performing drainage analysis and preparing technical reports and for a diverse range of projects. Tasks will include drainage master planning, closed conduit systems, open channel, pumped and gravity detention and retention ponds, mitigation of drainage impacts, and preparation of CLOMRs and LOMRs. You will be attending design review meetings and coordinating design with other member of the Civil engineering team.
In collaboration with your peers, you'll coordinate project assignments and will review drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers in order to recommend necessary changes. You'll work with City, County, and State officials on any code issues, as well as attend design review meetings with clients.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring allthat you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 8 years' experience in hydraulics and hydrology
- Strong background in modeling of stormwater/water resources infrastructure projects and preparation of drainage studies and impact analysis.
- Strong teamwork and team management skills.
- Licensed Professional Engineer PE (or ability to become licensed within 6 months).
- Experience with software packages such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (steady, unsteady flow, and two-dimensional), ArcGIS, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience of successfully working with municipalities and drainage districts.
- Experience with transport modeling, large basin hydrologic/hydraulic modeling.
- Experience in managing small and large projects and maintaining project schedules.
- Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation files.