ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Plant Environmental, Health & Safety Rep III
located in Iowa City, IA
. The Plant EHS Rep will be responsible for all personnel safety training, monitoring and auditing at University of Iowa (UI) utilities operations, facilities, and construction sites. Responsible for supporting corporate reporting and trend analysis by ensuring that UI reports all Health & Safety KPIs via the tools provided, reviewing and revising procedures at the direction of the Health & Safety (HS) Senior Advisor, and answering any compliance questions raised by plant and corporate staff. Supports the HS Senior Advisor in the development of new and revised existing fleet-wide HS compliance Policies, Programs, Processes and Procedures (4Ps), including interface with ENGIE wide HS teams .
What you'll do:
- Ability to work with contractors to ensure contractor's HS Standards are equal to or exceed ENGIE NORAM's HS Standards
- Conducts regular training, supervision, audits, hazard assessments, mitigation planning, pre-job safety plans, incident investigations, root cause analyses and ensures proper reporting protocols have been fully implemented
- Supports all the implementation of the ENGIE HS Standard for ENGIE utilities operations which includes policies, programs, processes and procedures.
- Reviews contractor HS Execution Plans including oversight resource requirements to ensure full compliance with ENGIE Group Rules governing contract work
- Researches new or revised regulatory requirements using on-line regulatory services, trade magazines and consultant's updates, and works to adjust programs to meet new requirements and implement best practices
- Performs assessments of construction site safety compliance
- Exhibits excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of local and OHSA regulations
- Calculates and graphically displays ENGIE NORAM HS KPI performance data against projected targets
- Monitors new and changing regulations and advises management on required training or action taken to ensure compliance
- Develops training programs and/or conducts training on mandated programs, such as lock out tag out, confined spaces, hazardous communication, and medical surveillance
- Completes risk assessments and work environment reviews for each project during the development and planning stages to inform contract HS requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of management both at the unit and corporate level, as well, as governmental agencies
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science degree, or a combination of a technical diploma and strong environment, health & safety experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or either: an Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) on track to achieve the CSP.
- Minimum 4-5 years environmental, health & safety experience.
- 10% travel
- Analytical and research skills
- Statistical knowledge is a plus
- Subject matter expert in OSHA (US).
- Exhibit mastery of root cause failure analysis tools and their application for recordable events
- Possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and facilitation skills when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with behavioral science and the psychology behind influencing change
- Experience in commercial and industrial construction environments.
- Proficient in database management and analyses in direct support of essential job functions
Strong MS Office suite software knowledge; Sharepoint.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to adverse hot and cold weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020