ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Wind Technician
at the East Forks Site in Colby, Kansas.
The Wind Technician will operate and maintain the site by optimizing wind generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
What you'll do:
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including coordinating with service providers, contractors, producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Monitor site performance
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections - safely using tools (e.g. multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training - contractors' orientation, other site's employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Support other wind assets including solar generating sites for planned and forced outages-may require overnight stays
What you bring:
- 3-year diploma in a technical program or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in WTG site, Power Plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or Maintenance.
- Trades qualifications an asset: (Lineman, Electrician, Millwright, Control Technician)
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers and collection lines
- Be proficient in using wind turbines SCADA systems such as GE WindSCADA or Siemens SCADA or other similar WTG control and monitoring systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- HV experience a plus; Able to attain AVO substation technician certification within 12 months of hire
- Reside within 50 miles of the site
Additional Information/Conditions: Essential Phyical Abilitites
Working Environment (30% Indoors - 70% Outdoors)
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, office 365.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020