Requisition ID: 231178
- Position Title: Field Buyer, UPF
- Project: Uranium Processing Facility (UPF)
- Location:Oak Ridge, TN
- Posting End Date: 10/28/2020
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Position to be Panel Interviewed?No
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Badging: Must be able to obtain badging
- Other Requirements: Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF Project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. Most of the UPF project works on a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday - Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00am-3:30 pm. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Role Overview:
Performs functions under project site materials management, including receipt, storage and issue of project materials, consumables, and equipment; documentation and data entry, site equipment and facilities rentals, and material control in the warehouse, lay down yards, and jobsite locations. Key relationships for this role include, but are not limited to:
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Field Procurement Manager.
- Receives functional guidance from the global business unit Purchasing Manager.
- At jobsite locations, reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Field Procurement Manager.
- Maintains working relationships with project Procurement personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains working relationships with those bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Develops and prepares project master purchases Pro-forma forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in purchase documents on project commitments.
- Reviews prime contract terminology and transfers applicable legal and commercial terms into the Pro-forma documents.
- Reviews and develops other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Construction, Finance, Traffic & Logistics, Insurance, Tax, and other procurement functional groups and inputs suitable terminology into Pro-forma documents.
- Participates in the development of project purchasing procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and monitors project bidders' lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups.
- Participates in the planning, work hour calculations, budgeting, and other related activities in projecting purchasing staffing requirements for projects.
- Reviews international project commercial conditions of purchasing to ensure purchasing Pro-forma terms, conditions, and procedures are compatible with applicable Bechtel Directives, Instructions, and Procurement Procedures.
- Forms, issues, and administers purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers to achieve the required service and meet project needs.
- Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions.
- Prepares and organizes assigned Procurement sponsored meetings.
- Directs negotiations in the commitment of purchases, following review, and approval of the proposed negotiating plan by the designated supervisor.
- Assist in the training and guidance to other purchasing personnel regarding all aspects of the formation and administration of purchasing forms, procedures, and buying goods.
- Assists project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications, or supplemental commercial conditions.
- Conducts personnel annual reviews.
- Recommends to designated manager salary actions, classification changes, terminations, and transfers.
- Helps in indoctrinating newly assigned Purchasing personnel to the requirements and procedures of the global business unit, project, and client.
- Monitors personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training and development to satisfy job performance criteria and company personnel development objectives.
- Helps in the review of bid tabulations for accuracy, bidder recommendation, completeness, and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority.
- Ensures all commitments made by subordinate personnel are accurately presented and have proper global business unit approval and signing authorities, as contained in the Procurement Procedures.
- Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher Procurement approval authority.
- Executes commitments within delegated signing authority.
- Coordinates Purchasing operations in both the project's control office and support offices to assure compliance with project requirements.
- In conjunction with the global business unit Field Procurement Manager, provides functional guidance to Purchasing personnel at the project jobsite.
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of professional related work experience, or in lieu of degree, 9 years of progressive, related work experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Prior experience in purchasing on a small to medium-sized project. Performs purchase order formation and administration activities when required by workload, complexity, or other factors.
- Solid knowledge and previous experience in Government Procurement Operations.
- Solid understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge of all procurement operations related to the management of materials at the area, regional, temporary, and job site office locations.
- Knowledge of Field Engineering and Construction activities, and knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures related to materials management functions.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Bechtel policies, instructions, and Procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS), and related engineering and other project data systems that interface with BPS.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Thorough understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of purchase orders.
- Proficiency in all phases of procurement including knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively with suppliers, bidder prequalification, preparation of bidders lists, compilation of bid requests, knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code or applicable commercial legislation, negotiation of contracted terms and conditions, and award of commitments.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management, and other services.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.