Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Our Strategic Sourcing Manager provides leadership in executing sourcing strategies for multiple product lines and assists with both tactical and capital requirements on multiple projects. You will work with product lines and project teams to minimize unnecessary CAPEX expenditures and optimize existing inventory options.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the entire Supply Chain process with emphasis on Sourcing and Procurement.
- Participate in strategic planning and forecast global sourcing business plan.
- Project management of multi-region or New Product Development sourcing projects.
- Provide support to Global Procurement and product lines in order to execute strategic negotiations with suppliers.
- Assess new regions for cost effective sourcing.
- Provide support to regional Global Sourcing teams and special projects.
- Be aware of and understand Weatherford's Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Establish and maintain a system to recognize asset and inventory requirements from the regions and to direct the regions toward existing assets and inventory that meet their requirements.
- Monitor inventory levels and help provide visibility to assets available for transfer.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of inventory levels and recommend ways to improve.
- Facilitate the transfer of assets and inventory between regions.
- Collaborate with the Global Procurement Group to leverage overall Weatherford global spend toward getting the best possible price from our suppliers.
- Coach/develop the team to deliver results and make modifications as required to fit the needs of the business.
- Assists Operations Manager and Global Procurement Manager in the day-to-day supervision of the Global Procurement Group.
- Must understand and comply with all of Weatherford's safety rules and company policies.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level and in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by immediate supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- CPM or CPIM certification.
- 10 Years experience in Strategic Sourcing
- Experienced in Material Resource Planning (MRP)
- Adaptable to change and responsive to direction.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with developing contracts and negotiations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of raw materials: pipe, tube, flat rolled steel, castings and rubber molded products.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.