Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
Our client is urgently seeking a Strategic/Operational Change Advisor to support Asset Development- Kaybob Duvernay in Whitecourt, Alberta. The Strategic Advisor is responsible for managing and advising on a portfolio of initiatives that are on the strategic roadmap for operations. The role is responsible for scoping, aligning and managing these initiatives while enabling leader-led change across the portfolio. This role works with and through operations leadership to help them be effective change leaders. This role will also interface with project/program managers and SMEs as needed to manage project risk solution adoption.
The position is slated through March 1, 2021 but will most likely extend through the end of 2021.
• The role may also provide direct support to Ops leadership to help them or their direct reports effectively engage in these projects.
• The role may also support Ops Digital in introducing new practices and tools into their projects
• The Change Management Advisor will work directly with leaders to develop Leading Performance capabilities.
Change Advisory Responsibilities
• Translates of Ops strategic direction and EFIs into a holistic program
• Helps Ops prepare for and sustain Operate by Exception (OBE)
• Advising on program management practice within Ops, including methodology and tools
• Support ongoing communication efforts
• Build and strengthen relationships with leaders across Ops and other organizations interfacing with Ops • Works with leaders to identify, diagnose and manage stakeholder impacts
• Works with leaders to develop intervention strategies and may be asked to support and facilitate conflict mediation for contentious issues
• Negotiates and brokers working relationships between parts of organization as required
• 10+ years of operations and communications change management experience required
• Previous Oil/Gas change management experience required
• Education: Bachelor's Degree required
• Problem solving and ability to identify, disaggregate and apply analytical thinking to complex problems
• High level of emotional intelligence; able to deal with sensitive issues
• High degree of business acumen; can understand Ops strategic priorities and translate them into concrete actions
• Ability to constantly re-balance competing priorities while focusing on delivering concrete results
• Ability to communicate with variety of audiences and channels (verbally and in-writing)
• Ability to work independently
• Proficient working knowledge of MS Office, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint administration experience required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.