Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Marine Engineering, Ships Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Hampshire, Basingstoke
As the COVID-19 situation develops we are looking beyond the current situation and focussing on the future. Once the current lockdown relaxes, we hope to be in a position that we can offer career opportunities to prospective candidates. Please take this opportunity to register your interest in this future opportunity within the Basingstoke Water team.
Are you a Maritime Engineer with experience working as part of project teams developing a range of engineering scheme solutions from initial concept through to implementation? We have an exciting role in our established Maritime team, based in Basingstoke.
You will be joining of a global team of 450+ maritime specialists who support on a wide range of maritime developments including container terminals, waterfront developments, cruise and ferry terminals, marinas and fishing harbours and military ports.
The Basingstoke office has an established track record of successfully delivering maritime services to port owners/operators, contractors and transportation agencies. Our maritime experience includes port planning, port economics and due diligence, engineering and design, construction supervision, transactions and financial advisory services for clients in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
As a Maritime Engineer, you will have design and/or planning and project management experience delivering Maritime projects to quality, time and budget. You will work, as part of project teams, to develop a range of engineering scheme solutions from initial concept through to detailed design for implementation.
This is a diverse role that will involve your contribution and insight to the effective delivery of its current portfolio of projects and to bids for new work within an existing team of engineers.
As Maritime Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking design and planning activities on major maritime projects - container terminals, mining/bulk, oil/gas, marinas, ports and harbours;
- Assisting with and leading on project & technical management;
- Assisting with business development and preparation of tenders;
- Occasional short to medium term site visits (UK and Overseas) may also become necessary depending on project requirements;
- Supporting Graduate Engineers and providing mentorship to new members of staff;
- Maritime design and planning, including maritime codes/standards such as BS6349, PIANC, OCIMF.
- Knowledge of managing civil/structural/infrastructure projects in the maritime sector;
- Good working knowledge of any of the following is highly beneficial: container terminals, mining/bulk, oil/gas, marinas, ports and harbours;
- Excellent working knowledge of Maritime design and planning, including maritime codes/standards such as BS6349, PIANC, OCIMF.
- Experience in the design and inspection of maritime structures such as breakwaters, quay walls, lock and dock gates, fender systems, paving, etc.
- Strong IT skills, report writing skills and the ability to communicate to a range of clients is required for this role.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer with either the ICE or IStructE;
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Maritime
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241031BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.