Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Lab Analyst II- Lake Zurich, IL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: The purpose of the job can be broken down in different responsibilities and end results. Each end result shows what the job is accountable for, within what framework and what the added value is.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy and performs analysis utilizing complex instrumentation such as HPLC and LCMSMS requiring critical analytical thinking and decision making.
- Carries out routine maintenance and calibration of instruments.
- Provides supervisor/manager with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Reviews LIMS summary reports to plan and organize daily work.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) when conducting work.
- Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analysis as described in the test methods and reviews daily workload to accommodate daily rushes.
- Prepares reagents and calibration standards as required for the analysis.
- Interprets data, calculates final results and enters data into LIMS.
- Carries out quality control procedures and recognizes when data is unacceptable using guidelines stated in the test methods or in departmental standard operating procedures.
- Identifies any non-routine samples and seeks guidance on procedures for handling.
- Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Identifies and communicates procedural non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Adheres to Code of Ethics Policy.
- Science B.Sc. or equivalent.
- HPLC or LCMSMS experience would be an asset.
- Strong science background and experience in laboratory practices.
- Competent in reviewing analytical procedures and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Performs method and/or data validation
- Performs more complex sample preparation & analyses
- Understands analysis procedures and problem solves issues
- Suggests and helps to implement production efficiencies
- Provides technical expertise and mentoring to junior staff
- Recommends solutions (technical/ staffing), which will make the lab more effective and competitive
- Acts as a positive change agent in supporting new initiatives (operational and cultural)
- Maintains training records and relevant qualifications
- Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample prep and analysis
- Review LIMS summary reports to prioritizes daily workload for self and junior staff
- Understands analysis procedures and problem solves issues
- Provides input to corrective action procedures
- Actively involved and provides support to ensures that instruments and equipment are maintained
- Participates in developing SOP's and general work instructions
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) when conducting following work:
- Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses
- Performs testing procedures
- Identifies any non-routine samples and seek guidance on procedures for handling
- Be proactive in ensuring that consumable supplies are available in the lab
- Meet quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements
- Identifies and communicates non conformances to Supervisor
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials
- Adheres to Code of Ethics Policy
- Supports and complies with all policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program
- Participates, when requested in lab and health and safety meetings
- Participates, when requested in internal and external audits
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized
- Provides general lab support to other departments as required
- All other responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: A list of the most important knowledge factors, skills and abilities including knowledge about practical procedures, specialized techniques, etc.; analytical and conceptual skills and abilities; and skills needed for direct interaction with others, including but not limited to diplomas and degrees. Specific training if it is an occupational certification/registration required for the job.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in related area of testing
- Flexibility to deal with different situations and personalities
- Able to assess problems and recommend solutions
- Post-secondary school education (BSc preferred) or equivalent experience
- Positive outlook with a ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented & record keeping skills
- Ability to accurately follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and instructions
- Ability to learn quickly
COMMENTS: In the space below, please write a few sentences describing anything about your job which you think is unusual or especially important for the reader to know about in order to fully understand your job.
- This position has limited supervisory responsibility
- High level of work production in fast paced lab environment
- The job requires flexible working hours, overtime and shift work
- Some lifting and carrying, not to exceed 49 pounds and may involve long periods of standing
- Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate personal protective equipment
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.