Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Petroplan is in search for a Leak Detection Engineer in Edmonton.
This is a 1 year contract.
The consultant will provide Leak Detection design SME and project coordination services for proposed and ongoing pipeline projects.
The services will include the following functional tasks.
- Provide services for proposed and ongoing pipeline projects
- Review Project scope and design, and establish requirements for leak detection
- Attend Project meetings (i.e. SORT, progress review, project scope and design review, hydraulic design, RTT, OAC, Startup)
- Establish working relationships with project groups
- Ensure effective project communication to key stakeholders
- Develop budget estimates for leak detection scope for each Project
- Maintain and organize complete project documentation
- Perform Technical and Gating reviews within Project Integration framework
- Review project plans, designs, drawings to ensure requirements of Mainline Leak Detection Equipment Standard (D12-105) are met
- Provide technical review of leak detection scope documentation
- Coordination of issue resolution from project planning to project closeout
- Business Issue Management (BIM) issues raised from Project reviews
- Analyze technical issues and solicit support from other disciplines
- Make recommendation for practical resolution and path forward
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions and obtain stakeholder consensus on an acceptable resolution
- Determine fit for purpose LD technology application requirements
- Further develop and elaborate on Leak Detection standards and requirements
- Advise on technical design and best practices
- Establish new processes and improve existing processes
- Review LD material requisitions
- Establish criteria and review designs/ results from other engineering consultants
- Support LD Groups and facilitate progress of Leak Detection deliverables
- Resource to support activities of modelling and Implementation Group, Leak Detection Engineer
- Coordination for LD groups during Linefill and Startup activities, communication to stakeholders
- Schedule activities and deliverables to meet project deadlines
- Facilities Leak Detection
- Support planning activities and opportunities for deployment
- Develop further framework for new and ongoing projects
- Long range planning activities and initiatives
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.