Berlin, New Jersey, United States
Berlin, New Jersey, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Berlin, New Jersey, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing specific customer's job nominations and/or assignments through a particular branch or branches. It will be necessary to performs administrative and supervisory duties as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives orders and create job files for incoming job nominations
- Compile field paperwork and raw data into professional well written reports for clients as well as type routine correspondence, invoices, and emails as needed.
- Organize/schedule manpower needs as projects arise and set priorities for job completion.
- Follow through with field and lab employees on client directives and instructions.
- Represents the Company by appearance & conduct, and behaves ethically at all times.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition and appropriate to the job - safety review, calibration verification, correct and clean.
- Reports to job-site punctually and observes all Inspectorate applicable federal and state regulations and standards, including location safety and measurement standards.
- Ensures quality process is adhered to and reports irregularities to management.
- Obtains samples as specified per job order. Labels sample bags with full and correct identifying data, including location of sample, material, type of sample, date collected, etc.
- Communicates any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Operations Co-ordinator/Manager without delay.
- Communicates information between Operations, Laboratory and Inspectors and when authorized provide updates directly to the client.
- Prepare and issue reports back to the operations department and dispatches samples to the laboratory
- Maintain an "on-call" status and oversees location operations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Basic Excel/ Word knowledge is essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum two to three year experience as in Inspector.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
Drivers license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle; or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and near explosive materials and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Looking for someone who would like to supplement their income
- Will work 10-20 hrs. per week (average)
- Witness the weighing of materials containing precious metals
- Witness procedures from start to finish (100% representation) including incineration, milling, screening, blending and sampling of dry powders, and melting of metallics
- Secure samples for distribution
- Collect data pertaining to the above operations
- Must have good math skills
- Will be required to work in several locations including Deptford NJ and Berlin NJ. ( INDUSTRIAL ENVIORMENT )
- Will be required to work nights in Berlin NJ
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.