Skills: Executive, Estimating, Purchasing
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Location: Birmingham (currently home based)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the eighth consecutive year.
As Bid Manager you'll be responsible for all large scale UK tender opportunities across Bureau Veritas business lines including writing, responding to and managing proposals, bids and competitive tenders. You'll manage and monitor tender portals and subscriptions to ensure all appropriate tenders are submitted. Supporting smaller scale tenders handled within each Business Unit that may require assistance to ensure Bureau Veritas is successful in procuring work.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail as well as taking pride in their work. They will be required to possess excellent communication and written skills, whilst being methodical and commercially aware. The candidate will be professional in their approach internally and externally during meetings/briefings. The candidate should be a good team member and have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
The primary area of accountability will be to lead the preparation and submission of winning bids. This will require strong team and internal stakeholder management skills - as well as engaging with the Bureau Veritas network along with external supply-chain/partners.
M ain D ut ies & Res pon si b i li t ies include:
- Bid writing, editing, collating technical information and preparing response documents
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in order to:
- Communicate requirements, deadlines and expectations
- Identify and co-ordinate all required materials
- Ensure all bids are successfully submitted on time, with consistency and in a professional manner
- Ensure that all internal governance is followed and best practice is identified, reviewed and applied
- Generate data for tender opportunities available along with won and lost analysis
- Identifying why tenders are won or lost and the potential issues, trends or barriers
- Managing the production of proposal templates, ensuring consistency to all aspects of bid content including look and feel, in line with best practice.
- Identifying tender / bid / quote opportunities across Bureau Veritas portfolio and manage the registration with 3rd party monitoring subscriptions
- Maintaining a library of standard materials to ensure quick and professional submission.
- Ability to understand a diverse range of Bureau Veritas services across multiple sectors
Experience & Skills Required:
To be successful in this role, you'll need tender / bid management experience in a similar position within an organisation that regularly supply services to large corporate clients.
You will have a strong track record of writing tender responses from scratch; at times gathering and editing other contributors work.
You'll be highly results focused and commercially aware, you'll need to think creatively and will have the ability to understand client requirements.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, with highly developed presentation skills.
Qu ali f ica t i on s R e qu i r e d :
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Broad experience of working on strategic proposals in a formal bid/tender setting
- Exposure to public and private sector bids and tenders would be highly desirable
- Demonstrable influencing and communication skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Solution driven approach and strategic thinking
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact at different levels of the organisation
- Experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.