Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Surveying
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.HoustonTexas
As part of the Houston Plan Approval Office, this role is primarily responsible for the review of structural drawings of a large variety of ships and offshore floating units in accordance with Bureau Veritas classification rules and national/international regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and validate drawings of marine vessels, offshore floating units and associated marine equipment within the limits of the applicable Rules, Regulations.
- Perform independent structural analysis and technical studies relating to design, installation, construction and modification of marine vessels and offshore floating units with our dedicated software (VeriSTAR HULL, MARS, STEEL, HOMER).
- Act as a technical expert and advisor to support both our clients and our network
- Actively participate in the sharing of knowledge and information among our network of plan approval surveyors and contribute to the development and validations of our rules.
- Maintain files and reports regarding plan review activities and findings.
- Occasionally, may attend and participate in meetings.
- Knowledge of structure calculations software (FEM analysis / Beam Model analysis)
- Knowledge of Classification Rules
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must possess organizational skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- MSc/BSc degree in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering / Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Extended marine and/or offshore experience or relevant Bureau Veritas experience (3-5 years for MSc, 8-10 years for BSc)
- Knowledge of Office 365 is a plus.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.