Skills: Operations Management, Logistics Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Operations Manager - Aberdeen - Staff - Oil & Gas
OBM have an exciting opportunity available for an experience Operations Manager in Aberdeen. This is a newly created staff role with an Oil & Gas service company, and will be pivotal in establishing a new integrated approach to planning, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in the efficient delivery of a range of logistics services.
As our successful candidate, you will be energetic, tenacious and driven, and have demonstrable experience of leading improvement projects to satisfactory conclusion using lean tools and techniques and advocating technological solutions. You will have a mindset of continuous improvement, credible functional lead experience gained within the oil and gas industry.
· Provide effective management and clear direction to the Operations Centre Team, setting the tone and expectation in terms of safety and service delivery excellence, and maintaining standards and engagement
· Implement, monitor and manage a planning framework, based on short, medium, and long-term operational delivery requirements.
· Ensure effective working relationships and communications with other internal operational teams.
· Ensure that strong relationships are built between the team and our customers, in order that there is a clear understanding of their needs and any concerns, which are to be addressed timeously.
· Ensure the effective management and allocation of workload to meet safety and service delivery requirements, identifying and addressing any resourcing issues as required.
· Identify opportunities for process improvements, which will enhance service delivery, seeking efficiencies and improvement at all times.
• Commercially astute, resilient and adaptable to changing market conditions and client demands.
• Highly effective communication and customer relationship skills with the ability to network and influence.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with established experience managing and developing teams.
• Works effectively on multiple activities, setting priority levels and service delivery standards.
• Solutions based with strong planning, organisational and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail.