Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minden, Nevada, United States
Baker Hughes, Bently Nevada is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on Bently business. Role will be responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
In this role, you will:
- Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
- Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
- Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
- Implement system-level integration testing
- Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
- Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms.
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 2 years of Machinery diagnostic background
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in the industry
- Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed enterprise applications
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
- Database/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
- Experience of testing client server and GUI applications.
- Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
- Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
- Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator and team player:
- Experience working in Agile development environment.
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new testing frameworks
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.