At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are recruiting a Civil Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
A Civill Engineer is required to deliver engineering design work packages through concept, preliminary and detailed design for a Reinforced Concrete Structure/Substructure, Steelwork Overbuilding/Linkbridges, Reinforced Concrete ducts/trenches, etcQualifications:
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer (CEng (ICE/IStructE)) or working towards chartered status.
- Appropriate qualifications in Civil/Structural Engineering e.g. MEng, BEng, BSC, HND, HNC.
- Experience of working on projects delivering civil/structural design solutions, both greenfield and brownfield.
- Understanding of the project delivery all stages of design (concept, front end through to detail manufacture).
- Leading a team of civil/structural design engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Experience of designing using British Standards and Seismic Design Codes for reinforced concrete structures
- Broad range of civil design including drainage, earthworks, highways.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Preparation or contribution to reports such as feasibility studies or similar.
- Production of specifications
- Suitable design tools for highay and/or drainage designs
- Experience of CAD packages, REVIT, Navisworks etc.