As ENGIE Resources pursues its vision of Energy Transition, significant changes are required in the way we work and the tools we use. To meet the goals of this transformation, our company needs to implement redesigned systems and processes using the latest in digital technology.
The Software Developer position requires a good technical foundation as well as a willingness to wear several hats with a strong commitment to deliver enterprise solutions. The Software Developer develops, tests, implements, integrates, deploys, maintains both off the shelf and proprietary business system platforms for ENGIE Resources.
What you'll do:
- I mplements and improves Azure tech stack for integration
- Builds and supports custom applications using full stack development
- Develops full stack integrations and backend services using Azure cloud resources including: Azure SQL, Table Storage, Service Bus, Functions, Active Directory/OKTA, Elasticsearch
- Develops cross-browser websites utilizing HTML5 CSS/LESS/SASS/SCSS, ReactJS/AngularJS, OAuth2, REST APIs
- Builds and supports the DevOps pipeline that will be used across all new projects as well as bring in existing systems to the DevOps pipeline
- Strives to automate as much as possible in the build and deploy space including support for Quality Engineering and full support for CI/CD
- Develops within best practices for the application development team in support of business operations
- Researches and makes recommendations on software products, processes, and services in support of business effectiveness
- Coordinates with analysts, designers, architects, and system owners in the testing of new software and applications
- Estimates development tasks and communicates impediments when needed
- Develops assignments that meet both functional and non-functional quality standards (eg. integration patterns, DevOps, patterns and practices, and architectural standards)
- Develops to technical and security specifications for the targeted tasks.
- Tests code via automated unit testing frameworks and possibly GUI testing frameworks meeting code coverage standards
- Researches emerging technologies and prototypes solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Evaluates 3rd party services, libraries and APIs to compare functionality for solution criteria fit and supports product selection
- Analyzes and resolves software defects while searching impacted solution for similar but undiscovered defects
- Contributes in all agile team activities including roadmap creation, planning, problem solving, designing, coding, testing and deployment of the end-to-end solution
- Breaks down requirements into granular development tasks and provides estimated hours to develop
- Pursues training and education to keep skillset in line with industry standards.
- Accepts and performs code reviews based on defined coding standards and contributes to coding standards
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS curriculum.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing software solutions.
- 4+ years of experience working in teams of up to 8+ developers.
- Responsible for delivery of 2 mid to large scale projects from ideation to operations working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- 2+ years of development experience with any cloud services such as APIM, Functions, Storage/Blob/SQL, Web/Worker roles, AD, and Service Bus.
- 2+ years of implementation experience with the following, C#, Microsoft .NET, unit testing, Azure PaaS, Visual Studio/Code stack .
- 2+ years of experience with AngularJS/ReactJS, AJAX, REST, JSON/XML, CSS, and UI testing frameworks like Selenium/Jest/Puppeteer.
- Knowledge of common design patterns, system integration patterns and distributed design patterns.
- Ideally familiar with Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
- Consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong passion for technology. Active involvement in the technology community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 12, 2021