Learn morePosition Specific Description
This position is located at the Jupiter West Office in Jupiter Beach, Florida. This position will be the Cyber Security Analyst for the Nuclear Fleet, working within the Nuclear Information Technology group. The Nuclear Information Technology group is responsible for protecting the digital assets that are in use at our Nuclear Plants. We are seeking a cybersecurity analyst to join our high-performing team to provide support for protecting our Critical Infrastructure.
We are helping to change the nuclear industry by delivering the Nuclear Promise to strengthen commitment to excellence in safety and reliability, assure future viability through efficiency improvements, and drive regulatory and market changes so that nuclear energy facilities are fully recognized for their value. You will be a part of a team that is protecting our nuclear assets and infrastructure from cyber threats.
Experience with the following is highly desired for the role:
- Information Management, Cyber Security, Internal Auditing, or Regulatory Compliance
- General knowledge of a typical Industrial / Digital Control System (ICS/DCS)
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 20%
- Cyber Security Certifications (highly desired)
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company's cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company's IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Develops a subject matter expertise for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE's environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Florida Power & Light Company
Other Work Locations:
Xavier Miguel Swinton
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please submit online request using Ask HR4U, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-HR4U (4748). Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: