Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Skills: IT - Programming & Database, Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Juno Beach, Florida, United States
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is currently seeking a Wind Fleet SCADA and Controls Engineer who can apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and fields related to wind power generation. This candidate will need to make decisions independently regarding engineering complexities and methods. This position requires the use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices in this individual's field. Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters will be required.
Areas of responsibility will include Wind Site Customer Support & Wind System SCADA and controls which include:
Various Wind Site Control hardware and software
- Working experience with Modicon Momentum and Unity PLC's a strong plus.
- Strong experience with Modbus and OPC communications is highly preferred.
- Working experience with Ethernet and Serial networks is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of power fundamentals and voltage controls preferred.
- Strong background in logic development and troubleshooting is highly preferred.
Must have a five years of experience in the area of Industrial Controls.
This position will require a sense of urgency and someone who takes action; strives to achieve and maintain excellence in technical and functional accountability; embraces innovation and change; aggressively promotes a safe and healthy environment; strives for continuous improvement in all activities to achieve excellent results. Approximately 10 percent travel will be required.
This job interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments. Employees in the role plan and develop technical projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Individuals in the role act as a technical liaison to individuals within and outside their organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to the individual's field. Employee's assignments are given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
• Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
• Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
• Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
• Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
• Establishes, documents and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
• Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Technical Specialist
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Wind Energy, Energy