Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Skills: Control Room Operations, Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Position Title : Production CRO (Control Room Operator)
Position line reports to : Production Supervisor
Location : Offshore Ivory Coast
Rotation : 4 on / 4 off
Duration : 6m +
Day Rate : TBA
Start Date : Immediate
1.0 KEY OBJECTIVES
- The CCR Operator is capable of operating and adjusting DCS, Fire and Gas, and ESD systems from the Central Control room.
- Optimises the process and reduces and control plant upsets.
- Responds effectively to emergencies.
- Ensures that all implementations of process/software overrides are controlled and documented as per company procedures and policy guidelines.
- Ensures that personnel under his/ her supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensures that he/ she is fully compliant with the Operating procedure guidelines, ensuring that such guidelines do not exceed the set process parameters.
- Be able to solve process problems and handle the troubleshooting situations and adjust the automated process safely to maximise production.
2.0 Principal accountabilities
- Starts up, operates, monitors and shuts down process and supporting utility systems.
- Monitors, maintains and optimises process parameters (level, flow, temperature, pressure etc.) within operating requirements and parameters.
- Compares sample and testing results of process liquids and gases, and adjusts process parameters to maintain specification.
- Trouble shoots to maximise sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
- Maintains discharge water quality within client or local guidelines and policies.
- Monitors and operates electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, fire and gas systems.
- Ensures accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as requested by company or client.
- Witnesses third party/vendor calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
- Proves export oil and gas metering.
- Establishes a clear diagnostic on site, to report to his/ her Supervisor and sets up a corrective action.
- Participates in the failure root cause investigation of equipment and processes.
- Participates in commissioning of new and future process systems where applicable.
- Participates in a coordinated Nationalisation and on the job training program.
3.0 Key authorities
- Coordinates activities and resources across the production team and reports to Production Supervisor.
- Responsible to identify the Process and Fire and Gas inhibits required following the Permit to Work System.
- Carries out Emergency response role as requested of his/her as set out in the FPSO Station Bill.
- Executes planned preventive and corrective maintenance routines as scheduled.
- Addresses the training needs for the Nationalisation program and others.
4.0 Qualifications and experience
- 5 years minimum in Hydrocarbon processing operations with 2 years as a CRO Technician and appropriate mix of operational , and supervisory experience.
- Be able to understand, interpreted the different control parameters on HMI console/ Local automation package.
- Be able to understand the Process of Production (FPSO).
- Good level of trouble shooting and operations knowledge including interpretation of P&ID,s and C&E charts.
- Good in depth knowledge of DCS and Fire and Gas System operations.
- Relevant Hydrocarbon Processing Certificate.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Test, troubleshoots and maintains pneumatic process production safety systems and control devices.
- Dismantle, reassemble, calibrate and test an Instrument device in function of the Process Parameter.
- Skills to work with CMMS Maximo and MS office.
- Physical and Medically aptitude to work on offshore environment.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Must have OGUK Medical, Offshore Survival OPITO approved, Yellow Fever vaccination as minimum, plus relevant trade certificates
- MIST advantageous